Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

Jon left yesterday for San Diego. This is his first trip in weeks, so I guess I can't complain too much. Actually, I can, because his May schedule is ridiculous. He's back from San Diego for a day before he leaves for Manhattan, then he's back from Manhattan for a day before he leaves for Albuquerque, then there's a possibility that he might be going BACK to Manhattan before his trip to Madeira, Portugal. Which isn't really in Portugal, it's just an island owned by Portugal. This is all before the end of the month, mind you, and it's still up in the air if he's going to be flying to Russia straight from Madeira, if he's going to be coming back to the USA and THEN flying to Russia the next day, or if he's not even going to Russia at all. How come he's home for so long with no traveling, and then all of a sudden, he's pretty much never going to be home ever again? Someone needs to sort that out. It's one thing if he travels once or twice a month for a weekend, but another for him to just be gone constantly. Truth be told, I actually kind of look forward to the occasional weekend of alone time. I get a lot more done when he's gone, and I can accomplish a lot in one weekend if he's not here. THIS weekend, however, is not turning out to be one of those. I did NOTHING last night except watch TV, Facebook, and read a few chapters of "Pride and Prejudice". Today was even worse. I did no more than two loads of laundry (still sitting in the front room..I didn't even put it away!), put half the dirty dishes in the dishwasher (still haven't emptied the first load to make room for the second...), got the mail (kind of exciting, actually, I got a $200 check from Chicken Soup for the Soul for an entry I wrote for them when I was in 9th grade), then went and had lunch at a place called Zivaz. Jesus, my ex-coworker, claims it's the best Mexican he's ever had in Tucson, so I figured I'd check it out. Then, I got my hair done by my favorite hairdresser EVER. It was my second time with her and I'll never change as long as I'm in Tucson. I might actually force her to move in with us if/when we DO move. I'm still considering it. Her name is Kashmir, and is it bad that when they told me her name over the phone for the first time, I almost asked for someone else? In my defense, prior to Kashmir, I'd had my hair done (at a different place) by a girl named "Gentle" and it was NOT a great experience. Anyway, then I came home and perused blogs for a while. I'm STILL waiting for an update, Kelsey! It's not like you have better things to do with your time..like taking care of your new baby. And sitting and staring at how adorable she is.


(this is Norah Grace. I want to have five just like her.)

Anyway, out of my extreme boredom came the idea to write a post showcasing recent purchases I've made. So.....here I go. Sorry.

THINGS THAT ARE GOLD
(I guess I have a new addiction)




(I've been wanting a gold pendant for forever..I have no idea why. I just started craving one.)


(Any comments on the length of my toes will be ignored.)

THINGS I CAN WEAR TO CHURCH


(I never know what to do with my arms in pictures...)


(Just look at that print..and the tie...and the shiny trim at the bottom...)


(This is my newest purchase out of them all and I am IN LOVE with this skirt. Keep in mind it doesn't actually look like it's made out of garbage bags in real life. The flash on the old Powershot makes it look like plastic. But it's not. I promise.)

And there you have it, maybe the most pointless post I've ever created. Have a great Sabbath tomorrow, and please keep it holy.

2 comments:

  1. The really weird thing is, the first 4 toes are freakishly long, then the baby toes are like teeny little nubs.

    ReplyDelete