Saturday, September 26, 2009

Photo Miscellany

I took this one on our first walk, but for some reason or another didn’t post it with the others I took that same day. We’ve asked a few people what exactly this thing is, but no one has been able to tell us anything about it other than it’s for runoff during rainstorms. But when was it built?? Why does it look like an Aztec temple?! Try using the buildings at the top of the picture to gage size – this thing is enormous.




My bread!! Second attempt turned out alright.




I love snorkeling.





I TAKE THIS PILL TWICE A DAY. Some people right now are like, “So, who cares? That’s the stupidest thing anyone has ever written about. I’m never reading this blog again”, but a handful of people are cheering for me. As a general rule, I don’t take pills, and especially not ones that are bigger than my pinky fingernail. As my mom reads this right now, she’s being flooded with horrible memories of me turning all panicky and desperate every time I was required to take an antibiotic. And Jon is currently remembering that time he had to hold my hand while I got the most excruciating shot in my butt after the doctor showed me the only alternative: a pill the size of Saturn. I HAD NO CHOICE.






This is Jon walking down Rosemary Lane. Sorry for the extreme sunlight – the street runs west towards the Caribbean sea and we’ve taken to getting the next day’s groceries in the evening now (as opposed to our previous method of just not ever getting any groceries unless we had a ride). It’s really hot. A special thanks to Kimley-Horn for the free "Caring and Sharing" shirts. We have a matching set.



Would this post be complete without one of these? Please note the rain out on the ocean. Best sunset so far. Wish you were here.


3 comments:

  1. your swim suit is darling. that pill is huge, congratulations.
    noting the rain. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I had the same problem taking pills. My mom used to crush them up between 2 metal spoons, put sugar on them and a little water. Kinda helped, but you could still taste the gross aspirin/tylenol taste. Cudos to you though! If it helps, break it up into smaller peices! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at the segment about pills I nearly threw up. True story.

    ReplyDelete