Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

We drove up to Salt Lake for Christmas this year. It was a little more low-key than usual - my mom was sick (more on that later), and Corinne's due any moment with her little boy. Apparently flying cross country while 39 weeks pregnant isn't advised. (I emailed her yesterday to see what she was up to and she replied, "lolling in bed". And she didn't mean Laugh Out Louding. Poor little lamb.)

The drive up!




We thought we were in for it when we saw this storm up ahead of us, but luckily it didn't slow us down too much:



Happy Anniversary! SEVEN YEARS. My cousin Sarah got married that same day so this was us right before leaving for the reception:



Me being tall:



We walked through temple square afterwards, even though Jon didn't bring a coat. So so so so so so so so so so beautiful:



Right before Annie snapped the following picture, she took another one, reviewed it, started laughing hysterically and told us it was HORRENDOUS of both of us. Later, when I cycled through the pictures, I found the one she was talking about and I didn't think it was bad of me at all :(
(Jon was cold.)


Have you ever really looked at an antelope?



My grandma's nativity is prettier than your grandma's nativity:



Jon found three sticks of string cheese in his coat pocket. He hadn't worn the coat in a year.



Christmas Day! We spent it at Annie's house in Heber.  Jon and I slept over the night before and my parents drove up from Salt Lake for the day. We had the most delicious breakfast EVER (eggs Newport, ever heard of it? You layer English muffins, ham, a delicious mixture of hollandaise and sliced hardboiled eggs, with crumbled bacon on top), then opened presents, then watched Inception, then made our traditional fondue for dinner.




My parents had to leave a couple of hours before we made chocolate fondue, and they totally missed out:




Back at my grandparents' house; dad holding Gunner's head up for him again.



CONCLUSION: The worst part of the entire trip was when my mom got a virus in her ear that made her dizzy, nauseated, and bed-ridden for three whole days.  The best part of the entire trip was when, at the wedding reception, my cousin Adam picked a piece of food out of his salad and asked my brother-in-law Steve if it was an apple slice. Steve responded with a little too much gusto, "It's jicama" - and as he said it, a big chunk of jicama flew out of his mouth and landed on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. that cheese thing has me laughing lots. well, this whole post does! you are the funniest of funniest. and i mean it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasty cheese sticks.
    I hope Corinne is doing okay and everything goes well for her (or maybe she's birthing right now, who knows). I can't wait to hear what they name him.
    Your grandma's nativity is definitely the prettiest, even more so in real life.
    Chocolate fondue. . . are those rice krispies? GENIUS.

    Sorry your mom was sick! That sounds dreadful.

    ReplyDelete