Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ada Sandwich

I'm back from my Idaho trip and I'm a little daunted by the amount of catching up I have to do. My niece Ada's 3rd birthday was on my last day there, though, and Corinne's waiting to see the pictures I took, so I figured that would be the best place to start.

Don't let that face fool you. This kid is Corinne's payback for her own willful, volatile childhood. My mom calls her a 'tempest in a teapot,' but I wasn't feeling so generous when I told Ada during a particularly long, loud, and inescapable car-tantrum that she had caused my uterus to shrivel up, turn to ash, and blow out the window.

Fortunately, the fitful:happy ratio with Ada is about 20:80, and when she's not throwing dirt in her mom's face during a meltdown she is pure, enchanting, incandescent joy. I flew out of Idaho Falls early yesterday morning and went straight to work from the airport, so it wasn't until last night that I was finally able to plug in my memory card and iPhone and reminisce and smile and laugh and make Jon admire every picture and video, and it was JUST like that thing where you give birth then you forget the pain because MY HEAVENS that is a beautiful child.






For the record, this happened after the car-tantrum and my uterus regenerated:


Happy birthday you wonderful, passionate, beautiful, contrary, radiant little 3-year-old typhoon. Miss you already.

6 comments:

  1. Those black and white stills? Perfection. Send them to me? I'm glad your uterus regenerated and that you wrote this post. I wish I had your way with words.
    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! I laughed so hard when i read that your uterus dried up! I feel exactly the same way when I'm around one of my nieces. But you're right. That is one BEAUTIFUL child. She is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada is so pretty. I love the one of her watching the candles being lit. I'm also glad that you recovered your womanly parts. Now I need to see Joseph. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The uterus is a truly resilient organ. Dying and rising like a Phoenix of gestation. Pure majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candle photos are awesome. Can't wait to get my tantrum-y 3-yr-old back.

    ReplyDelete