Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy birthday, Jon! Sorry I suck!!

It was Jon's birthday Tuesday! The big 3-7. We went to my aunt and uncle's place for Sunday dinner. She tied balloons to his chair and made strawberry shortcake:
 
 
 
 
It was a lot more than I managed to do for him. My AMAZING present fell through the cracks so I didn't even have anything for him to open, then the Jeep was acting up on my way home from work so he had to come get me. We went to Texas Roadhouse afterwards to celebrate then stopped by Cheesecake Factory for dessert to go, but I fell asleep at 9 before we even had the chance to eat it. The next morning, I found THIS on the countertop, and my heart broke into a million fragments:
 
 
Sorry Jon :( I'll make it up to you with a pool party this weekend. Tuesday birthdays are the WORST. 
 
Speaking of the pool, it's warming up! 
 
 
Glamour shots by Jess

This is my favorite desert plant, and this is the most glorious one I've ever seen. They're only in bloom for about two weeks out of the year so I've been drinking them in.
 
 
BEST LICENSE PLATE EVERRRR. I laughed for an hour. "GOTGSUS"?
 
 
Jon sang "I've. got. HOV" all the way to our destination. Ignore the dirty windshield. The Maz just turned 400,000 kilometers so you wouldn't even be able to tell if we DID wash it.
 
 
SO GORGEOUS OMG. We went on a hike at the McDowell Sonoran Preserve last weekend, and everything was blooming and it was the most beautiful day and I loved every second.
 
 
 
 
 
Two things, then I'm done I promise.
 
1. I just remembered a nightmare that my sister-in-law Lianna had like 7 years ago. She was working at one of those awful telephone survey call centers in Rexburg at the time, and dreamt that she had been assigned a survey full of all sorts of sexually explicit questions and that the call list was made entirely of numbers from her hometown. BEST. NIGHTMARE. EVER.
 
2. I was talking to Corinne about her upcoming trip to FRANCE AND ITALY, and then this happened:
 
Ada: I want to talk to Jessie.
Corinne: Okay, wipe your bum and wash your hands, and then you can talk.
Ada: PAUSE HER. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing/crying at the candle left on the counter! Oh Jonny. LOL.

    ReplyDelete